Wednesday, October 23, 2013

I was not cut out of child care

I have taken up a babysitting gig to make extra money. Now I must preface this by saying: I love the mommy I'm helping out and I love the kids I'm watching. But no amount of cuteness can make other kid's poop ok. Seriously. Not to mention snot, omg, I hate snot. I don't mind wiping my child's face but watching a child that doesn't "belong" to me lick his/her snot rope off their upper lip is gross.

My mother was a daycare provider for years. She would have 10 kids at a time (including my sis and I). How she wiped other's poop, snot and other bodily functions is beyond me. She even potty trained them. NO THANK YOU! She was (is) a rock star! In-home daycare is how she made the down payment for the house I grew up in. I thought about it for about a day. If I could take up babysitting full time I would have the money for our emergency fund and extra to start paying down the debt. And I would never have to get out of my jammies or leave the house. Imagine the money I would save on gas and a new business wardrobe! But after a good day of thinking I decided I don't like poopy diapers. The Boss only poops once a day, I had no idea I was completely spoiled by her turd like poops that practically come out without smearing.

So here I am, watching Finding Nemo for the 3rd time this week and periodically wiping snot ropes off of lips that don't belong to me. Thank goodness this is only for 4 weeks and only 4 hours a day. LOL yea....it's only 4 hours a day and I'm whining about poop and snot. Clearly, daycare provider was not on my list of occupations when I took my career placement test in community college.

Actually, it's Pinterest and Blogger but whatev
 
But all poops and snot aside, the Boss has had to get used to other's touching her toys. She generally hates people messing with her shit. So at least a little forced socialization and environmental invading might be good for her. And she naps like a mother fucker after they go home, sooooo score for Mommy!

No comments:

Post a Comment